Friday, March 13, 2009

My children are on spring break this week so Tilane took them to Florida to visit Grandma and Grandpa Lawlor. They are having a fun time. I have been painting all week into the wee hours of the morning and sleeping very little. I have finished painting all of the rooms except the master bedroom.

Straumann invited me to attend a symposium in Atlanta, Georgia. I am here right now staying at the Ritz-Carlton hotel. It is a beautiful building. I have no idea how much this costs, but I am sure it is very expensive. The service is incredible. When you ask a question of an employee they absolutely insist on helping you. They smile and are very courteous and are definitely here to please the customer. This made me think about the way I treat people around me. Do great everybody with a smile? Do I go out of my way to help people? Do I insist on helping the people around me feel good about themselves? I can certainly do a better job at this.