Sunday, February 10, 2008

Another Week in my Life

I had a personal high this week. On Tuesday we hosted the residents from Wilford Hall for case presentations. I presented a case using a new-to-me technique for fabrication of complete dentures. The case was presented satisfactorily. I was uncomfortable with the quality of the presentation. On Wednesday Dr. Cronin approached me in the clinic to compliment me on what a great job I did. He specifically pointed out that I have improved a lot since the beginning of the program. I was surprised that he was so impressed with the presentation. Dr. Cronin seems to be satisfied with my performance in the program.

The research at the VA is not going great. I have only recruited four patients so far. Three of the four are doing very well. There just seems to be a tremendous shortage of patients. This will change. I set a goal for this year to complete my data collection by the end of the year. When I was in the celestial room on Friday evening with Tilane I was just pondering life. I felt the distinct impression that I need to depend more on the Lord for my research to be a success. I need to ask Him to intervene on my behalf.



On Saturday the children and I tried out the new Trail Gator that they got for Christmas from Grandpa Bishop. It is a bar that attaches my bike to Matthias’ bike so that he can practice riding a two-wheeler and keep up with Caleb and I. I additionally attached the Chariot to Matthias’ bike so that Seija could come along. Caleb rode along with us for over an hour. He really loves cycling and does well at it. I hope that when the children are older they will enjoy going cycling with me.

On Friday I was doing something in the clinic that was frustrating for me, because I am still awkward at it. In Stake Conference today it was stated that as we do new things they become easier for us – not because the thing itself has changed, but because our ability to perform it has improved. I just need to be patient with myself.

Tilane has been surprising me with Valentine love notes since the beginning of February. It has been fun to expect them each day. She loves me. I am so blessed to have her.