Sunday, February 3, 2008
Saturday with Dad
Yesterday I spent the entire day with the children. I don’t do that very often. We ate breakfast and took off to Caleb’s basketball game. He played well. He thoroughly enjoys the sport. He is the smallest kid on the court and his shirt hangs down to his knees. After lunch we went to a Chuck E’ Cheese and dropped off Caleb for a birthday party. Seija, Matthias and I went to shop for a Valentine’s present for Tilane. We then went back to the party and played for a while. The parents of the birthday boy expected way more kids so there were lots of tokens left. We played lots of games. I really enjoyed playing with them. At home we cleaned the house and played some more games. Why don’t I spend more time with the kids. I recently taught lesson at church about balancing demands on our time. Work is such a demand on my time and energy that I don’t spend as much time as I would like with the family. This is slowly changing as I mature. It also helps that I am getting tired of being a student and look for other ways to spend my time. I love my family.