Sunday, March 30, 2008


Today has been spiritually enriching. I felt inspired by testimonies that were shared in various meetings that I attended today. I learned several years ago that my children are sponges. This became apparent to me as I noted that they mimic my bad habits. Today Brother Dial spoke of the same observation with his son and I had a tremendous thought. What would if I take advantage of this wonderful trait of my children? What if I purposely do good things for them to see? Would they mimic those things? I believe they would. I probably already do this, but I have never tried to do good things so that my children will copy me and do good things. This idea will simply keep in my mind that they are watching and that they are learning either good or bad from me “so I’d better be good for goodness’ sake.” One good thing that I have decided to do is to testify to them each day of one gospel principle. I lay down with the children at night and talk to them. By speaking of the gospel to them I will teach them the gospel and invite the Spirit to testify to them.

When performance is measured performance improves.

We spent a couple of hours at the Cibolo Nature Center walking through the woods. It was a wonderful time together. We enjoy do that as a family and there are quite few places to visit around there.