Monday, May 26, 2008

Personal Revelation


On April 5, 2008 I attended the General Priesthood Conference session. It is commonly the session I enjoy most. It is probably because there are fewer distractions during that session. With the passing of President Hinckley in January I anticipated an address from the new President, Thomas S. Monson. His talk was similar to past talks he has given, but as he spoke the Spirit declared to me that he truly has been called from on high to lead the church at this time. President Monson is a living prophet. We are blessed to live at this time when prophets teach us the will of the Lord for us in this day.



So often a story is told of a child that has lost something that is precious only to the child. He is upset at the loss and kneels in prayer and finds the lost treasure shortly thereafter. Do I have that kind of faith? Am I humble enough to ask for aid in my time of need. I discovered recently that I am at times humble enough to plead for help from my Father in Heaven. Two weeks ago I was working on a project in the lab that was due to be inserted in a patient’s mouth the following day. I lost the screw that would attach it to the implant and hold it in my patient’s mouth. I looked all over the lab for this 6mm long screw. It seemed hopeless. I finally decided that my only hope was to pray for help finding it. After I prayed I continued my search and did not find it. As soon as I walked into another section of the lab one of my colleagues handed me a screw and said, “will this work?” It was the exact same type of screw that I had lost. It was confirmed yet again that my Father in Heaven loves me and is watching out for me. He is helping me even with the little things.