At the beginning of May Matthias, Caleb and I spent a night camping with other sons and fathers from our stake. This is an annual event. The boys had a great time. There was an astronomy club at the same site observing the heavens and they invited all of us to come and view the stars. I took the boys and they got to see the moon and Saturn. It was quite exciting for them. I think I should do more camping with them.
The evening of May 17 was the celebration of those graduating from our program. I experienced to emotions at the banquet. I felt sad that six of my friends and mentors were moving on and I would be left without their wisdom and experience. Now Derek (my classmate) and I are the seniors and we are expected to share our wisdom and experience with the freshman and juniors. I hope I have enough to share. The second emotion I had was one of excitement for the change that my friends face in the coming year. I am also excited that in one year I will be graduating and facing great change when Tilane and I move to Kelowna.
Esther was sealed to Russ Beazer in the Cardston temple on May 24, 2008. Tilane and I were privileged to be present at the ceremony. Esther and Russ asked me to be a witness. I was honoured to do that. It was wonderful to be there. Tilane and I really enjoyed seeing family and friends. We especially enjoyed meeting Russ and getting to know his family a little bit.
Today Tilane and I both received new callings. Tilane is now the first counselor in the Primary Presidency. I am the Primary Pianist. I will continue to serve as the ward organist, but I will be released as a teacher in Elder’s Quorum. I enjoy sharing my musical talents and it is especially fun in the primary. They have such beautiful spirits and a love of life.