Last Saturday we discovered that we needed to remove the tile from the shower walls in the master bathroom. The grout has deteriorated over the past many years. I don’t know how long the problem has been there. I bought some demolition tools and ripped out all of the tile and removed the rotted wood that remained. The problem was not as bad as it could have been. It also affected two of the baseboards in our kitchen. They will also have to be replaced. I initially planned to fix everything myself, but I don’t know if that is going to really happen. I am getting some quotes this week. I could probably do it, but I am a dentist and somebody else can probably do a better job. I hope I can convince myself to pay that somebody else to do it.
Today is Father’s Day. My wife and children made me feel loved and appreciated. They showered me with cards and gifts and love.
Yesterday I participated in the “Tri-it-in-Spanish” triathlon. I finished 22 out of 100. It was a fun and challenging sprint course. It got me excited to do a few more races this season.