Tonight was Stake Priesthood Meeting. During the President’s Freckleton’s talk he posed the question: “Do you spend more time each day reading your scriptures or brushing your teeth?” I have to admit that there are occasional days that I spend more time brushing my teeth. I am grateful that everyday we at least have five to ten minutes for scripture study as a family. I think on average I spend more time reading my scriptures and studying the gospel. The scriptures are such a blessing in my life. I have the opportunity each day to recommit myself to living some small part of the gospel.
We got an offer on our home last week. It will probably go through. The 10 day option period is over this week sometime. We have a rental house in Kelowna waiting for us. I am done my residency in three weeks. I have a beautiful wife and wonderful children. Life is beautiful.
On Thursday night Caleb complained that he was in pain and he was pointing to lower left face. I assumed that it was dental pain. He woke me at 4:30am complaining of the same pain. I took him into school to radiograph the teeth. Sure enough he had a large carious lesion. Diagnosis: irreversible pulpitis. I took him over to the pedo clinic and they did a pulpotomy and stainless steel crown. I felt horrible that I am a dentist and I have neglected dental treatment for my own son. He’ll live and he is very proud of his silver tooth. I hate it. It reminds me everyday that I spent more time and energy for three years caring for the needs of my patients while ignoring my own son. I look forward to easily affording simple things like routine dental exams for my family. Clearly I am not capable of finding time to do it myself. I’ll have to send them to the pedodontist in town.