
A couple of years ago my in-laws, Blaine and Janice, got me a wet/dry ShopVac for Christmas. I thought it was a brilliant gift at the time, but its even better now. Seija has clearly been sick. We woke up to her screaming about 40 minutes ago and went in to find her lying in a pool of vomit on the carpet floor. (We probably having showing tomorrow.) My usual technique is to pick up the vomit in with towels and move it some where. That is really messy and takes a lot of energy. This morning I was thinking really clearly and I decided to use the ShopVac. Don’t forget to remove the dry disc filter. Then just suck up the vomit. Use some soap and water to clean up residue and suck that up with the ShopVac. Throw on some baking soda to sop up the moisture and odor during the night. In the morning we’ll use our fantastic Kirby vacuum to clean up the baking powder. I then filled the sink in the bathroom with water and sucked up several gallons of water to clean the hose and filter. Open the ShopVac and pour it down the drain in the tub. Rinse out the shopvac and the filter. Done. This is the slickest technique I have used for cleaning vomit off the carpet. Try-it. A vomiting child would certainly being a checkmark for hardwood if we were considering it.