On April 1st Ron McLellan, a real estate agent, visited us and helped us put all together the information necessary to list the home on the MLS. I spent many hours patching holes and fixing corners and painting walls. Tilane spent a year trying to convince me that this work was necessary while I tried to convince myself that it was not necessary. Eventually it became apparent that she was right and the work commenced. Tilane spent just as many hours packing and organizing and reconfiguring our home. Sieja’s room is now the office and all of the kids are in separate rooms. The house look very good. We hope we can sell it before we move in June.
Last Thursday Tilane and I left for Salt Lake City. Janice flew in the night before to watch the kids while we are out of town. We are staying at Dale and Cavelle’s home in Sandy, Utah. Friday we attended the Salt Lake City Temple for an endowment session. It was very enjoyable. That building is so beautiful and so historic. The live temple session adds a special element to the temple experience.
On Friday afternoon we visited President and Sister Thompson in Bountiful, Utah. I really enjoy spending time with them. They remind me of the good times in Finland and growth and challenges that I had. It reminds me of the good person I am trying to be. They spent two years living in Israel. They toured around the country and learned a lot about the jews, muslims and christians that inhabit that country. The stories they tell are very interesting. They are great people and I hope to continue meeting them for years into the future.
Friday evening we went to Layton to Tilane’s mission reunion. This was the main purpose of our trip. I got to meet her mission president. It has been ten years since we were both in the mission field. She really enjoyed catching up with former companions and friends.
Saturday I called the Henricksen’s in the morning before conference and Becky told me to come over for breakfast because my little sister was there. I had no idea that Esther and Russ would be down here for conference. It was a really fun surprise to spend time with Esther and Russ. It is so great to be with family. In the evening I went to the Conference Center for General Priesthood session with Roger and Brad and some friends. It was amazing to be in the conference center with 22,000 other priesthood brethren. Sunday morning, Tilane and I took the Trax train back downtown for the session. It was pretty neat to be see conference live.