Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Group Commissioner

I am the 11th Kelowna Group Commissioner. When I was Scout Leader in Edmonton there was not a group committee. It is now my responsibility in Kelowna to support the LDS scouts group. I am learning a lot. I am inspired by the program. It is like any other organization - full of people trying and falling short - but we try. Tonight I attended a meeting of a group of venturers. It was pretty neat to see a group of youth organizing themselves to do good and to learn. They determine their own goals, their own activities and their own rules. They support each other and help each other become better members of the community. I am helping to build and support that same network for the youth in the church. As our LDS youth associate with other scouting youth it will help them to see how blessed they are to have the gospel and they will learn so much from the other scouting youth about parts of life they don’t experience as LDS youth. It is a great association.