Tilane and I bought a wedding band for me almost ten years ago. I struggled to select an appropriate sized because my knuckles were quite large relative to the diameter of my finger. In the end I selected a size that was too large and I ended up getting arthritic beads put on it. They were annoying and I wore them for ten years.
This winter we had one week of good snow in Kelowna. Tilane bought some sleds for the kids. I got home from work in the evening and grabbed one of the sleds and went down our steep driveway. The sled carried me all the way across the cul-de-sac. I jumped and started marching back to the house and felt my ring slip off my finger. I began searching in the snow and could not find it. I called Tilane to come help me find it. It was useless. I got two big garbage cans and started shoveling as much snow as I could into the cans. The snow continued to fall around me. It was very difficult to get the garbage cans back up the driveway into the garage. The snow was melted a few days later and I emptied the garbage cans onto the driveway and to my relief my ring was in the bottom of the first garbage can.
I am grateful for the moment of light from heaven. I was blessed with a brilliant idea - an answer to prayer. I did not know the meaning of a wedding band until I lost mine. It is priceless. It carries precious memories and emotions. I am so glad that I found my wedding band.
I finally had my ring resized this weeks. It slips over my knuckle with difficulty and feels so comfortable. I am glad to wear the ring - Tilane’s claim on my heart and my life.