Sunday, October 25, 2009

Long Absence

I have been absent from my journal for a long few months. I guess moving distracted me. We did indeed arrive in Kelowna. It has not been an easy transition, but we are finally getting settled in to our new home.

Journal writing is such a burden when you don’t do it regularly. I feel like I must review all that I have missed recording, but I am going to begin with today. I can only begin again.

Today began with a trip to soccer with the kids. Caleb is really enjoying soccer again. He is beginning to be more aggressive. He is for more keen as a defender than as an offensive player.

When we moved to town I was almost instantly asked to play the organ again. I am once again enjoying the organ. I practice at the chapel while Caleb is at Cubs. It works out to be a convenient time for my practice.

I was recently asked to be the 11th Kelowna Scout Group Commissioner. I am back in Scouting, but I have no idea what I am supposed to be doing. It is a very foreign role for me. I attended my first area meeting last Thursday, so I am beginning to learn. There is a fellow in the other ward who works for Scouts Canada, so he is going to spend some time helping me to do my job. He will be a tremendous resource.